Mark D. Willett
Mark D. Willett
is a partner in the Laredo law firm of Whitworth Cigarroa, PLLC.
My practice has been concentrated in areas of business and commercial litigation and oil and gas related matters.
My practice has been concentrated in areas of business and commercial litigation and oil and gas related matters. I have also represented local, regional, and international businesses and commercial interests. As a lifelong resident of Laredo and with over 38 years as a practicing attorney in Laredo, I am intimately familiar with our local, state and federal court systems and with the attorneys in our community and region. I believe that my legal background career will allow me to provide positive solution oriented perspectives to various legal issues and matters.
- University of Texas Austin B.A.1979, with Honors.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio (J.D. 1982).
- Admitted to bar, 1982, Texas; U.S. Court Appeals, Fifth Circuit (1985) and U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas (1984).
A former partner of law firm Person, Whitworth, Borchers & Morales, L.L.P. (founded in 1977) and a founding partner in the law of Whitworth Cigarroa PLLC founded in 2020.
State Bar of Texas; Laredo Bar Association; US- Mexico Bar Association; Laredo’s First Assembly of God; prior Board member.
- Born Laredo, Texas, December 31, 1956. I have been a resident of Laredo, Texas, my entire life.
- Married to Abby B. Willett, formerly Abby B. Costillo, since 1990.
- We have four boys, Timothy, Nathaniel, Matthew, and Ethan.
- Our three oldest attend Engineering School at Texas A & M University at College Station. Our youngest hopes to become an Aggie as well.